The duties and responsibilities of the Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse will include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act for LVN’s
2. Implements current nursing practice following a patient assessment and an approved plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
3. Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
4. Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
5. Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for hospice interdisciplinary group members.
6. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
7. Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient’s response to treatments/medications.
8. Participates in personal, professional growth and development.
9. Participates in organization's quality management program.
10. Participates in the on-call rotation and weekends.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the Case Manager./ Team Manager
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.